When life hands you scraps...turn it into art!

Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Every moment is worthy of a card

Whether you are giving thanks or wishing someone a happy birthday, there is always a way to turn that into a card!  Below I will show you a few of my latest card creations, and I must say, I'm getting craftier with each one I do...practice makes perfect, well, at least better!

First up, a thank you card for a sweet baby gift I received.  I wanted to try out using some ribbon, and I was so happy with how it turned out...UNTIL, my white ink I used on my stamp smeared all over the place.  Luckily I was able to peel off the small square and replace it using black ink on white paper instead.


Next up is a couple of birthday cards I made for my sister and my father.  I recently purchased a Cuttlebug Machine, and I haven't really been able to use it, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to give it a go.  Here they are, and I have to say, on behalf of my family, they loved them ;)

This card was made using my Cuttlebug and my new iRock tool.  I pulled the paper from an old stack I had, along with some coordinating ribbon and viola, card created!  Super easy, but I loved the look.  The only thing I would have changed would be to have used more 3D dots.  I only used 2, and the embossed paper sagged in the spots without the dots. 



    
The next card I made was for my Dad.  I used my Cuttlebug again to emboss a strip down the side, stamped the center, colored it in with some colored pencils and dazzled it up a bit with my iRock tool.  Here's the end result!


Same thing happened with this card, it sagged in the middle where no dots were applied...live and learn I guess. 

This just goes to show you that you don't need a lot of fancy stuff on a card to have it still look nice!  I think what my family enjoys most is that I took the time to give them something from the heart...sagging centers and all ;)

I've still got some cards to show you, so keep checking back.  The next one coming is a get well card I made using a cute new stamp found in the DOLLAR bins at Michael's!  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment